Breaking Ground: Prepare Your Preschooler for Academic Learning
Friday, October 14th, 7:00-9:30 p.m.
Discover the wonder of your child’s brain and how it grows! Acquiring an understanding of how your child learns during the early stages of development helps you prepare him for academic success. Learn the basics of early education and discover the developmental imperatives which provide the richest possible foundation for learning.
- $15 (early-bird pricing through September 21st)
- $20 (regular pricing through October 11th)
- $25 (at the door)
- spouse and grandparents FREE (with one paid registration)
Living Education – Lifelong Learners: A Charlotte Mason Approach to Homeschooling
Saturday, October 15th, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- $50 (early-bird pricing through September 21st)
- $60 (regular pricing through October 11th)
- $70 (at the door)
- spouse and grandparents $15, or $20 (including notebook and materials, same price all dates)
Included in price: Cultivate 2016 notebook and watercolor paints/ brushes/paper
Two-Day Ticket Pricing:
- $65 (early-bird pricing through September 21st)
- $75 (regular pricing through October 11th)
- The Will: Bend It? Break It? Develop It? What’s a Parent to Do?
- Empower Your Child through Habit Training—The Why and How of Habits & Key Habits for Teens and Children
- Nature Study—Fostering Curiosity, Wonder, Exploration
- Evaluation—How to Know What Your Child Really Knows (Discover the Value of Narration)
- Art and Music—Icing on the Cake or Necessary Food for the Brain?
Susan Chrisman, educator, national speaker, and twenty-five year homeschool veteran, will introduce us to a homeschool approach, pioneered by Charlotte Mason over a century ago, that views children as thinking, feeling human beings – as spirits to be kindled rather than empty vessels to be filled. Susan challenges us to become lifelong learners and equips us to cultivate a love of learning in our children and in ourselves.
In a setting built around interactive small groups, Susan includes time for discussion and brainstorming during each session. The day’s activities will also include a watercolor painting lesson. Attendees are encouraged to bring their lunches and enjoy the fellowship of the noon meal together. There are various restaurants nearby, but note that the lunch break lasts only forty-five minutes. Snacks, tea, coffee, and water will be provided throughout the day. Childcare is NOT provided, but nursing infants are welcome.
October 14, 2016
7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
October 15, 2016
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Venue: Holy Trinity Anglican Church
Venue Website: http://www.holytrinityanglicanchurch.org/Address:
13990 Gleneagle Dr, Colorado Springs, Colorado, 80921, United States